Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas



No I didn't spell the title wrong, that's the way it is spelled. This is quite possibly the best movie I have seen in a long time. The main character Bruno is a boy about 10 years old, who's father is a Nazi Commendant. They move out of Berlin into a home in the country. One day Bruno sneaks out the back to a "farm" he has seen out of his bedroom window. When he gets there it turns out to be a concentration camp. Bruno meets a boy named Shmuel. They hang out on opposite sides of a fence. One day when Bruno sees smoke coming from the chimneys and asked his Father what the horrid smell is, he is told that "sometimes they burn rubbish." This movie is a must see for anybody. I let my 13 year old son watch it. It has some shocking images but no cursing. I think that everyone should check this movie out.

No comments:

Post a Comment